Corona Virus Safety
This page will be used to inform members about the current training situation with respect to safety relating to the corona virus.
Guidance of national governing bodies is being followed, click here to view the BAB COVID-19 Hub
Our COVID 19 Officer is Daren Sims
From 19th July 2021 onwards
BAB advice (issued 13th July)
Information Received from Sport England.
- Full Contact Aikido can resume for both Adults and Juniors as of 19th July 2021.
- There is no limit on class size or who you can train with.
- The use of face covering is at the choice of the club leader, but is NOT a legal requirement.
- The use of the NHS Track and Trace QR code to register at your club is suggested, but is not a legal requirement.
- Some of your club members may be anxious about contact aikido , The BAB suggests that you should be sensitive to this and you could refer to the BAB Return to the Dojo documentation Phase 2 & 3 for guidance. Although this is no longer a legal requirement as of the 19th July 2021. Based upon this information the BAB expects that in England, clubs will be able to train with full contact aikido as of the week commencing 19th July. In light of this please ensure your BAB membership is current & valid as it includes your person to person and public liability insurance.
In light of the changes to restrictions from 19th July onwards, we will be resuming training. However, the recommendation to all clubs is that we remain cautious and retain the administrative & housekeeping activities that have kept us safe through the health crisis.
In the Bristol North & South Dojos lessons will still need to be pre-booked. We will continue to collect track & trace details and check temperatures on registration, and we will continue with frequent hand sanitisation & other cleaning measures.
Within classes, students will be expected to remain with the same training partner or bubble for the duration of the class. If possible, students should arrive already dressed for training, to minimise the use of the changing areas.
Prior to 19th July 2021
We are looking to shortly resume training under "Stage 2" of the guidance of the BAB.
Stage 2 – (Socially Distanced Training)
Resumption of Training in compliance with Government safe distancing requirements which will allow non-contact activities such as; Exercises, Ukemi, Jo and Boken Kata and shadow/solo training.
Resumption of BAB Membership Registrations (including Insurance) plus Venue Insurance.
Guidelines for Associations, Clubs and Individual Members on the requirements for the resumption of training within BAB Clubs.
Risk Assessments - In addition to compliance with the BAB’s own Risk Assessment Policy and practices an additional Risk Assessment needs to be undertaken to respond to the specific threat posed by the coronavirus. Any remedial action required is to be implemented before any return to training.
Club Declaration Form - Clubs must also confirm their compliance, at all times, with Government and BAB Guidelines on health and hygiene and safe distancing, by completing and returning the Declaration Form to the BAB Secretary
Members Opt-In Club Declaration Form, (Attached). - Whilst Associations and Clubs are required to take all reasonable steps to minimise the risk of infection from the COVID-19 virus, during training sessions, individual members must recognise that an inherent risk remains for the potential to contract or pass on the virus.
In accordance with the practice being adopted throughout the sporting sector all individual members of the BAB are required to complete the Opt-In declaration Form which should be retained by the Association Registrar.